COVID-Safe Practices for all Employers
A copy of the COVID-Safe Practices for Employers document is available HERE.
Anyone with questions or concerns about non-compliance of the public health order may contact New Mexico State Police by email: NMSP.COVID19@state.nm.us. Violations may also be reported on the New Mexico Department of Health’s WEBSITE.
Links to Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham’s Public Health Orders & Executive Orders:
All Public Health Orders & Executive Orders available HERE.
The City of Farmington has received some questions about the coronavirus in regards to our community. Please know, local leaders are closely monitoring the situation. We want to ensure our citizens receive up-to-date, accurate information, including how to prevent coronavirus and similar respiratory viruses, such as the flu, and what you should do if you become sick. We want to remind everyone that precautions to prevent the coronavirus are the same as those to prevent the flu and other similar respiratory illnesses.
Please do your part to help reduce the spread of germs and keep our community safe:
- Unless a healthcare provider instructs otherwise, all individuals MUST wear a mask or multi-layer cloth face covering in public settings except when eating, drinking, or swimming.
- Wash your hands often for a minimum of 20 seconds
- Cover your mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze
- Stay home when you are sick
- Practice social distancing, which is keeping a distance of 6 feet from other people while in public places
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
People with novel COVID-19 have reported symptoms of fever, cough, or trouble breathing. Symptoms of COVID-19 may also include runny nose, headache, sore throat, and a general feeling of being unwell.
The Office of the Governor has set up a coronavirus hotline and is encouraging individuals who are sick to call it for a preassessment prior to heading to their healthcare provider. That number is 855-600-3453
If you develop emergency warning signs for COVID-19 get medical attention immediately. Emergency warning signs include*:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face
*This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning.